- 6 ounces (170 grams) white chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (137 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (21 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups (255 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate and butter in 30-second bursts, stirring between bursts, until melted and smooth. Allow to cool before mixing in the eggs, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder. Add the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a large 3-tablespoon cookie scoop to place the batter on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set but still gooey. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Allow to cool before serving.