- 1 large chicken, weighing approx. 1.8kg (4lb)
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme
- 4 tsp honey
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / fan oven 170°C
- Put the chicken into a large roasting tin, cut the lemon into 1/4 and stuff into the chicken’s cavity
- Rub the chicken all over the skin with olive oil salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes per 450g, plus an additional 20 minutes. A Medium chicken cooks for roughly 1 hour 30 mins.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest under some foil for 15 minutes before serving. This helps the meat to reabsorb the juices leaving it juicy and tender.