tspfresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- 650 grams chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 3 large bell peppers, cut into strips ( i like to use red as they are sweeter)
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Cut the chicken into 2cm chunks, in a bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken thighs and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or pan on medium-high heat until hot and add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, and cooked right through (about 8 minutes turning regularly, depending on the thickness of your fillets).
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest. Add the peppers and onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking.
Serve with warmed tortillas, sliced avocado, and sour cream.