- 2 slabs of baby back ribs
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
Your favourite bbq sauce to finish with.
- Preheat oven to 140c. Mix together Rib Rub ingredients.
- Remove the white membrane from the backside of the ribs (the side with less meat). It should pull off easily, if it hasn’t been done already.
- Massage Rib Rub into ribs. Place ribs on a foil-lined tray and cover & seal with another piece of foil.
- Bake ribs for 2 hours. Carefully open the corner of the sealed foil and make sure they are tender. If not, bake for another 20 minutes and check again.
- Remove ribs and discard juices. Brush ribs generously with sauce.
- Grill over medium-high heat 5 minutes.